Wednesday 17 October 2012

HD Brows - Worth the pain?

Totally worth it! 
(Scroll down for photos)


If you are thinking about venturing out to the salon to get your eyebrows done, I would definitely suggest going for HD Brows. They may cost a little more but they also achieve much more so I feel like you get your moneys worth. I had mine done this morning and I thought I would share the experience and show you the results! 



This was my right brow before the procedure. (I apologise for the quality!)


The point about HD Brows is that they are styled to your face shape and features. Your beautician will take some time on your first visit to ask what you want to achieve with your brow and how you want it to look.


They start off by wiping away in make-up or oils that may be on your eyebrows with Aloe Vera. This is cold but soothing! The tint is then applied. The beautician will go with the tint that is closest to the colour of your roots so they look as natural as possible. The tint is left on to work for about 10-15 minutes. Once the excess has been wiped off it is wax time!


When wax goes on it feels quite warm. It isn't there for long as the beautician will use paper strips to take off the wax and of course in doing so, any unwanted hairs. I have quite sensitive skin, but for me waxing isn't too painful. Obviously it stings as you are putting your skin through something very unnatural but after the first couple it isn't too bad. 


Threading. This is a fairly new procedure (also known as epilation) when you compare it to the others, it has only become popular in the last few years. A thin, twisted cotton thread which has been designed for threading is used. The thread is rolled over any untidy hairlines/unwanted hair and takes out the hair at follicle level. The main advantage of this procedure is that the thread allows an entire row of hair to be taken, rather than just the odd one. This is where the shape of the brow really begins to form and clear lines can be seen.


If needed, the beautician will then go on to pluck any dots (where hair hasn't fully grown through) or any hairs which may have been missed. For me, this is the most painful part as plucking can be quite a sharp sensation especially on recently waxed skin! Trimming of the brow will then begin, which does  not hurt at all. This just prevents any longer, bushier hairs and means that they stay smoother for a lengthier amount of time.


And there you have it! 


You can see they are much more defined and darker. The redness is also apparent. It is a good tip to apply some form of moisturiser to the skin after having your eyebrows done as it will soothe and prevent spots. The length of time it takes for your skin to 'get back to normal' depends on you and how sensitive your skin is. For me, they stop stinging and the redness reduces after a few hours. I then go on to use an eyebrow pencil or a HD brow palette (I haven't bought a new one yet). The reason for this is to fill in any gaps in the brow and enhance the definition. 

Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in 001 Dark Brown


Eyebrows after pencilling in
 I hope this has been somewhat useful or even interesting! This is my first blog based around beauty and I have really enjoyed it. I am not claiming to be an expert, I am just giving my views and tips as I experience things myself. If you did enjoy please follow me on twitter @amyj109

Just to give you an idea how the brows look on a finished, whole face!

Until next time droplets xx

3 comments:

  1. I really must get these done, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briony! Thankyou so much for being the first to comment on my blog. Please follow my blog and also my twitter if you haven't already. @amyj109
    I really appreciate your support xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyebrows look great but how long do they last

    ReplyDelete