Wednesday 14 November 2012

Puppies!

Introducing my two adorable pals...


Yvie and Jasper


These two are honestly the lights of my life. I know some people who don't have dogs struggle to understand the bond that can be built between humans and dogs but we have a very special one! They are such a big part of my life so I thought it only right to share them with you. 


When myself and my fiancee Tom moved into our first house I literally did not stop going on about wanting a puppy. I don't really think I knew what I would be taking on, just excited about the idea of having a cuddly friend. Tom was adamant we weren't getting one straight away, having only recently taken on a mortgage, bills etc at the tender ages of 18 (me) and 20 (Tom). Crazy, I know!

I worked my feminine charms, scouted down a breeder and two months later we had Yvie! We were living in Liverpool at the time and travelled 3 hours to Bridlington, Yorkshire to choose a puppy and then a month later went back to pick her up. Since I was a baby we have had Lhasa Apso's in our family; they don't malt and their scent isn't too strong so for new homeowners it seemed the obvious choice. We had actually seen a picture of Yvie and her sister beforehand and I hate to say it but we preferred the look of her sister! She had 'better features' health wise. When we arrived in Bridlington we held the other one first and then Yvie. Yvie was so much more responsive and wouldn't stop licking us; we had to have her.



Bringing up a puppy was much harder than we had anticipated, but you get out of it what you put in and we now have the most beautiful little girl! She is so cuddly and kissy but best of all very clever! I swear she knows what I am thinking most of the time, she is definitely a mummy's girl. It was only a year later when we decided to extend our family and get a little furry friend for Yvie. 

Back to Bridlington we went, and chose Jasper! He was the one we liked on the picture and he was the one we brought home. He was a bit of a scoundrel as a pup. He grew super fast too and is so clumsy! In many ways he is the complete opposite to Yvie, but we wouldn't have him any other way. They are best friends and play so well. She tugs at his tail just as much as he does hers - she is definitely the boss!


Jasper loves his Daddy, he is much more responsive on walks off the lead as we trained him from a pup whereas with Yvie I was to scared too! Yvie also loves to escape from our garden and Jaspie is very vocal in telling us she has done so.

Yvie is now just over 2 and Jasper is 1. It can be a little challenging at times having such a big responsibility, but I just have to look at them to remind me why I love them so much. If you are thinking about getting a puppy I would say go for it but be prepared for a lot of hard work and spending lots of pennies! 




I hope you enjoyed reading! Please comment and subscribe, it would mean an awful lot! 

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment