Monday 19 November 2012

Why weight loss is so important to me

Hello my wonderful droplets! 
I hope you had a lovely weekend, please feel free to tweet me @amyj109 what you got up to! 

This post today was supposed to be beauty related but due to the mishaps of Royal Mail etc it will have to wait! I was getting withdrawal symptoms so I thought I would let you all in on something which is very personal to me.

I have had trouble with my weight for as long as I can remember. I was always the chubby one growing up and when a family member passed away it seemed to get much worse. I began to go to food for comfort, and this continued until last Friday. I am not in any way saying that there is anything wring with those are are a little curvier, this is about my personal journey and how it makes me feel. I believe that if you like the way you look and can find confidence in that, you can be who you truly are. I have never had this. I have never been comfortable with how I looked because of my weight. 

Being in a body that you hate can be challenging for various reasons. Worst of all for me, is that I have 3 younger sisters who are beautiful and while they don't in any way make me feel like I am the big, odd one out, it doesn't stop me from feeling like I am. I also feel like I will never be truly appreciated by anybody until I lose what I have to lose.

I have tried so many different diets - you name it, I will have tried it! None of them seemed to work for me, whether I was unable to adjust to them or no matter how much time and effort (and money might I add!) into them, I was getting no slimmer. 


After many long, emotional talks with my fiancee we agreed that I could try the Cambridge Weight Plan. I had seen an interview with Pauline Quirke who had lost a lot of weight through LighterLife. They are both very similar, apart from LighterLife is a lot more expensive and you have to attend counselling sessions. Anyway, I am not reviewing it now - I will probably do so when I have completed my weight loss.

I started the plan on Friday, (16.11.12). I have to eat a maximum of 400cals and a minimum of 4 pints of water a day. It was hard for the first couple of days but I am doing OK on it now! I am so proud of myself for having the confidence to start it, and also so excited to see what the end result is because I really believe I can do it. 

Things I cannot wait for!

  • my hair and skin being in a better condition
  • having more confidence
  • being more independent
  • wearing dresses without tights!
  • exercising more often and more easily
  • being able to buy beautiful bras!
  • being healthier
  • an improved relationship with my fiancee (Thomas)
  • being happier
I am sorry if this didn't seem to have much structure and was a little more of a ramble than anything else but I wanted to share! Please subscribe, comment or tweet me if you feel like it!
I also have a new YouTube account, which you can find here: www.youtube.com/dropletsofcolour
Thankyou for taking the time to read! 
Keep Smiling xx


1 comment: