Friday 9 November 2012

Product Thoughts from October

:(

October was a strange month for me. I had a lot going on and chose this time to scout out some new products. Because I had only just started this blog when I decided to buy lots of new items I didn't want to do a haul with being so inexperienced. Therefore, I am going to ease myself into it! Out of the products I did buy I will tell you about my favourite one and also the one I wouldn't repurchase. 

I used to use No7 make-up and nothing else when I was a teenager. They always had great offers on and I loved their colours and formulas, (not so much with the nail varnishes). Since getting older and branching out shall we say I obviously have now found the brands that I love the most for various reasons and haven't used No7 in a while. Louise from SprinkleofGlitter recommended their Day and Night moisturiser which I wanted to try and of course they had 3 for 2 on! 
I decided on the High Shine lipgloss in 'Pink Veil' for £8.50.


I love the shimmer to this, especially over a soft pink lipstick. Unfortunately that is about all I did like!


 Swatched, it doesn't do it any added justice. It is gloopy and not much comes out on the applicator at all! After about an hour on my lips it was leaving a residue and did not leave my lips feeling moisturised at all, which I like lip glosses to do. It did shine though, so I guess you could say it does what it says on the tin! 


:)

On the other hand! I then ventured over to the Benefit counter (lethal!) and treated myself to a product I had wanted for a long time. 'High Beam' seems a little pricey at £18.50 but then it isn't something I would wear on a day to day basis. For highlighter, I usually wear a vanilla eye shadow on the tops of my cheekbones and on my browbone, to lift and add a glow. Benefit 'High Beam' looks beautiful for a more special occasion. 



As you can see it is a gorgeous pearly shade of pink and you literally need the tiniest amount for effect. It is described as a luminescent complexion enhancer and that is exactly what it is. I cannot rate this product enough! 


 I swatched quite a bit on my hand but when I apply I put 3 dots on my cheekbones and then 2 under my brow bone and the difference is amazing.  You can see how much shimmer and glow it adds to the skin. 

An instant uplift and highly recommended. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the High Beam product from Benefit! You've done a really good job at explaining it, liking this blog!

    ReplyDelete